Whether you’re roughing it in a tent or planning a family outing to a national forest, there are many ways to make sure your experience is fun and safe.
Begin protecting yourself from the sun before you even pitch your tent. When you plan a camping adventure, consider the time of day you’re going out. UV rays are strongest when the sun is directly overhead (usually between 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM) and during the summer months. If you’re going out during these times, be extra conscious of protecting your skin!
An often forgotten area to protect is your head and scalp. You’d think your hair would be sufficient for protecting your head, but that’s definitely not the case. Wearing a hat with a wide brim is best. You can also catch some shade under your portable UV blocking umbrella for a needed break on your face and ears.
In addition to covering your face, it’s a good idea to wear clothing that offers sun protection as well. Find long sleeve shirts or pants that offers a UV protection that are loose fitting and comfortable so they don’t interfere with your camping adventuring. And remember, you can always use sunscreen to take care of anything not covered up.
Don’t let the sun keep you from having an awesome camping adventuring, but remember to take the appropriate steps to be protected. You may not see direct results now, but you will be happy that you spared your skin from possible cancer down the road.
- Outdoor Sports such as Little League Baseball, Youth soccer, & Track Meets
- Tailgating at Football Games, Lacrosse, Car Races, and more
- Outdoor Life activities such as Camping, Fishing, and RV trips
- As a Promotional Gift for Corporate Events and Fundraisers
- Just Kickin’ Back in the Sun!
- Available in BLUE, GREEN or RED!
- Special Fabric Blocks Harmful UV Rays
- Tilt Function Allows for Protection From Multiple Angles
- Wind Vents, Broader Base and Stakes for Increased Stability
- Adjusts from 3 ft. Low to 8 ft. High for Maximum Shade
- Generous Umbrella Size Measures 60″ in Diameter